Posted on 12/12/2013
Useful tips for travelling this season.
- Make sure you take out your travel documents and check them, it may already be too late to do anything about invalid documents but at least you will know and can try to get them renewed.
- Keep an eye on the weather, if bad weather is expected, you should check with the airline or us if your flight is affeced.
- Leave contact numbers/ email with us for both here and abroad, it is useful if we need to get hold of you in an emergency.
- Leave extra time to get to the airport, the roads are busier, the weather sometimes is poor so make sure you make a contingency for this.
- Check the status of your flight the evening before you go, most airlines have websites giving you this kind of information.
- Some carriers don’t have a lot of extra room for lots of extra bags, it’s best to check with us or the airline at busy times to see if they can indeed carry extra baggage.
- If you are parking your car at airport parking, give yourself an extra hour.
- At this time of year flight are full, some are even overbooked. On over booked flights not everyone is going to get on, don’t let it be you that doesn’t get on!
- Check-in online where possible.
- Don’t forget BA and Virgin offer twilight check-in.