Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Posted on 05/02/2016

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

As of March 15, 2016, travellers with passports from eTA-required countries who enter Canada by air will need an eTA.

The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Applying for an eTA is a simple and inexpensive ($7 Canadian) online process that will take just a few minutes. Most eTA-eligible applicants will get their authorization within minutes of submitting the online form.

If you need an eTA, you should:get it when you plan your trip – do not wait for the last minute to apply (see Travel documents), and travel to Canada with the passport you used to get your eTA.

Find out if you need an eTA.

PLEASE SEE WEBSITEwww.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp

Back to news